The Dincel Group of Companies (consisting of Dincel Pty Ltd ACN 624 613 127 and its related entities
provide users of our website at https://shop.dincel.com.au
and our products and services with information about
how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
We will only collect, hold, use or disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988
By using our site or our products and services, or providing your personal information to us, you are
taken to have read, agreed and consented to the collection, handling, use and disclosure of your
Last updated: March 2019
- We collect your personal information to allow us to conduct our business and in order for you to (amongst other things):
- use our website;
- contact or correspond with us;
- buy or otherwise receive our products or services from us;
- register for or use an account with us;
- request information about us, our products or services or third party products or services;
- provide feedback or lodge an enquiry with us;
- sign up to our newsletter;
- to administer creditworthiness ; and
- evaluate any job application you send to us.
- We may also collect your personal information from third parties (such as governmental, law
enforcement, other public authorities and commercial information suppliers) and other publicly
available information about you.
- If we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter we may
not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
- We may collect personal information such as (but not limited to):
- your name
- your contact details postal and email address and telephone number;
- your date of birth (or age);
- your gender;
- your company details (including registration details); any other information from your
- curriculum vitae or job application submitted to us;
- your credit card details;
- bank details;
- identification information, including your signature, drivers licence or other identification points; and
- any other information you provide to us, including trade references, proprietor and director details.
- Non-personal information may also be collected by us or our third party service providers who
assist us in operating our site. Cookies may be used to collect information about the pages you
visit and device and software you are using. Your cookie preferences can be configured on your
- We use the personal information we collect about you to conduct our business. This includes to
design, manufacture and install our products and services, including Dincel Structural Walling.
Other purposes for which we collect your information may include:
- communicating with you and providing you with information, products or services you have requested;
- responding to your enquiries;
- notifying you about changes to our site, products or services;
- managing and administering any account you may hold with us;
- promoting and marketing our products and services to you or providing you with
information about products or services which we believe may be of interest to you from
us and our selected partners;
- personalising and customising your experience on our site;
- providing a better or more relevant product or service to you, for example by
automatically populating forms on the site when you make enquiries;
- combining your personal information with information we have collected from our
partners, service providers, third parties, cookies or web beacons to improve the quality
of our products or services and the products or services of third parties. For example,
we may combine behavioural data we have collected about you through cookies or web
beacons and combine it with your personal information from requests you send to third
parties through our site;
- researching the needs of our customers to help us improve;
- processing any job application submitted by you;
- if you are an employee or other representative of a customer to which we provide our
products and services or a provider of services to us, communicating with you about
your or your employer's engagement with us and otherwise as specified in this Privacy
- managing our accounts, including your credit (if applicable) and carrying out debt
- sharing your personal information with third party partners so that they can provide you
with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested
products or services, including by contacting you;
- sharing your name, business registration (if applicable), and contact details, with third
parties in order to obtain trade insurance; and
- If we contact you by using your personal information, we will give you the opportunity to request
that your information not be used for direct marketing in the future by following the “opt out”
instructions provided in the communication.
- In addition to using or disclosing your personal information for the purpose for which it was
collected, we may also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose that
is related to the purpose for which it was collected, where you would reasonably expect us to
use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose.
- We do not otherwise collect, use or disclose your personal information without your permission
unless the collection, use or disclosure is required or permitted by law, in accordance with this
- If you choose not to provide your personal information to us for the purposes set out in this
services to the extent that they require us to collect, use or disclose personal information.
- We may disclose, or provide access to, your personal information to third parties in connection
to our related entities, our partners and third parties that provide products and services to us or
through us, or to other third parties. This may include disclosing your personal information to
third parties providing website hosting, back-up and other services.
- We may also disclose your personal information to relevant public, government or regulatory
authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we
have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify,
contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or
unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such
activities, or where we are otherwise authorised or required to do so by law.
- If you make an enquiry to or request information from any company through our site, you will
not responsible for the way these companies collect, use, disclose or handle personal
information you provide to them through our site.
- We may disclose your personal information to service providers outside of Australia to obtain
website hosting, storage, back-up and data retrieval services and to provide services. When you
provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to transfer your personal
information and data outside of Australia for these purposes.
- Where such third parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties'
compliance with applicable privacy laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties
under the Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
- We may also transfer personal data in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of
us or as part of a corporate reorganisation or share sale or other change in corporate control.
- We may disclose, use, aggregate, make anonymous, use a pseudonym or de-identify
information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance or other purposes.
- You are entitled to access, correct or update personal information we hold about you. If you
wish to access, correct or update any personal information we hold about you, please contact
us as set out below. We may charge for providing access to this information and we may refuse
access to the extent that the law allows us to do so.
- Storage and security
- We will takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure. Any personal
information that is collected via our site or which is stored on our IT systems is protected by a
range of safeguards and security measures including physical, technical and procedural
Policy will be published on our site. All personal information held by us will be governed by our
- Questions and complaints
- If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of personal
you would like to access, correct or update your personal information held by us or want to opt
out of direct marketing, please contact us at email@example.com
- Our Privacy Officer will investigate your query or complaint and endeavour to respond to you
promptly. Please provide as much detail as possible in relation to the query, issue or complaint.
- You may also complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) about
the way we handle your information. Please note that OAIC requires any complaint must first
be made to the organisation the complaint relates to. The Commissioner can be contacted at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992